ARTICLE I -
- Officers and Board of Directors
Committee - The EC shall meet at regular intervals to review,
select and prepare issues and recommendations to come before
the Board, in order to facilitate efficiency and decisions of
the Board. The EC shall review the progress of standing, ad hoc,
and task force committees when it deems necessary, or when requested
by committee chair(s), and decide when issues should be brought
to the Board. Minutes of EC meetings shall be provided to all
3. The term of the officers shall be one year; the term of the other Board directors shall be three years, arranged so that one-third of the other directors are replaced at each annual meeting.
4. Representatives of the BPL shall be ex-officio members of the Board and are therefore not subjected to term limits, nor shall they have voting rights.
5. Vacancies - Any vacancies occurring among the officers or other Board members shall be filled by a majority vote of the remaining Board of Directors present at the first regular meeting following the creation of such vacancy; excepting, any vacancy in the office of President shall be filled automatically by the Vice President. In the event that both the President and Vice President are unable to carry out their duties, the EC or, if not feasible, the Board of Directors shall appoint a temporary President and Vice President.
of Officers -
of Board of Directors - No compensation shall be paid for their
services as officers and directors. No remuneration shall be
paid to an officer or director for services performed by him
of $500 or more shall be authorized by the Board of Directors
(majority vote at any scheduled meeting). Expenditures of
9. Job Descriptions - The Board of Directors shall adopt from time to time specific descriptions of the duties and obligations of officers and other members of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE V -
2. Quorum - At any Board meeting at least six directors other than the President shall constitute a quorum. At committee meetings, a majority or 50 percent of its members shall constitute a quorum, including the chairperson.
3. Voting - For motions or resolutions, voting shall be by majority vote of a quorum, by voice, hand or written ballot, as directed by the President. For amendments to these By-Laws see Article VIII. Committee chairmen who are non-Board members, may vote.
- Fiscal Year, Annual Meeting & Elections
2. The annual meeting shall be held the second Wednesday of June.
3. Elections for officers and one-third of the other Board of Directors shall be held at the annual meeting. Elections shall be by a majority vote of a quorum. The Nominating Committee shall prepare a proposed slate of officers and other Board of Directors and submit it to the Board of Directors and members at least seven days before the annual meeting. At that meeting, any member in good standing, including non-officers and non-directors, may vote for the proposed slate of officers and other Board of Directors. Voting shall be conducted as stated in Article V, Section 3. Elections shall be conducted by written or secret ballot.
4. Nominations for officers and other Board of Directors may be submitted to the Nominating Committee before it prepares its slate. The slate that it prepares shall include its recommendations and any other nominations that have been submitted. If no nomination for an office position or other Board of Directors has been made in the written slate prepared by the Committee, nominations may be made from the floor.
5. The Board of Directors shall determine the best way to communicate the slate of officers and other Board members to the FOCP. Absentee ballots may be submitted for the election of officers and other Board members and any other items that the Board of Directors publishes before the meeting.
6. All persons nominated must have indicated their willingness to serve. No person may be a candidate, or serve, for more than one elective office.
2. The chairperson for the Nominating Committee shall be the immediate past president or, if he or she is unable or unwilling to serve, then the second past president, or if necessary the third past president. If this procedure cannot produce a chairperson, then he or she shall be appointed by the Board of Directors. In all cases, the chairperson of the Nominating Committee shall select two other members (non-candidates for office) to serve on this committee.
3. The President shall serve as an ex-officio member on all committees. He or she shall not have voting rights at committee meetings.